random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

snip snip

My dear friend and I popped out for a nice dinner of sushi at small Japanese restaurant. We ordered out meals and I began chattering away. I started to notice that I was losing the attention of my friend when her eyes narrowed and she said, "do you hear that?", I paused, snip snip snip, yup I heard it, "Someone is clipping their finger nails, I would know that sound anywhere!" she exclaimed. Her eyes darted around the room...the conclusion - it was the waitress, who was behind a wall-like structure....my friend went up to the area to order me some Miso soup and try and catch her in the act...and she did, the waitress quickly put down the clippers...I found this amusing, my friend was outraged! The meal continued..chit chat...and then...snip snip snip, my friend approached the area again, IT WAS THE OTHER WAITRESS!!! These two waitresses were having a nail clipping party that evening. Gross. No finger nails in the sushi, thank God!

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ugh! that is disgusto! i once saw someone clipping their nails on the bus and i was seriously offended. this is not a public activity, esp. not around food. mmm sushi.

    e.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons