random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Sunday, May 08, 2005

the man that lives in my house

I think the feminist movement has ruined men. I am actually kind of serious. Now-adays men don't do ANYTHING....don't fix anything, don't take pride in yardwork, don't offer to take their wife's car into get fixed...the don't do traditional roles BUT don't do nontraditional roles either. They are laughing all the way to (not the bank that's for sure b/c they don't do the banking either) the couch and watching TV. Maybe I am generalizing but this is based on my own participant observation in my own home. I do boy jobs and girl jobs. Sometimes I feel like a traditional role scenario would be easier on me. I have a minor in women's studies....I am still a feminist, just an angry feminist wife now.

So the experiment begins. The lawn is about one week overgrown. I will not touch it and am waiting to see if/when the man that lives in my house notices or cares or does something. My poor neighbors will suffer looking at it, but I have done it 3 times already this season and am tired of doing 80% of the household chores PLUS yard work.

This experiment is not a trap, I have communicated clearly

- I need more help around the house
- I want him to take some pride in our home and initiate his own chores
- I have left out VERY clear chore lists that are never fully completed by him (these lists are still minimal)
-I have given him The Lazy Husband and marked the chapter that husbands are supposed to read, this was over a month ago and he has not read it yet.

I am on strike, a modifies strike, no lawn, no more chore lists, just a patient protest of not doind EVERYTHING anymore.

I am a volcano.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons