random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Friday, April 01, 2005

crybaby

I am a crier now.....I never used to cry at things on TV or movies or books, but now I am a full out crier. I found myself tearing up this morning (held it back as much as I could since I had just applied my makeup) watching the Today show and Good Morning America. I watch these shows for their first 15-25 minutes before heading out the door. They were talking about the Pope being near death, they covered some of the major accomplishment he has had since being ordained, condemning the Catholics for not doing enough during the Holocaust (he worked forced-labor by the Nazis during WW2), helped end communism in Poland, praying with his attempted assassin, etc. I was beside myself. I don't even like the hierarchy of the Vatican, and am able to recognize the many mistakes of the Church, but I am sad today because a good man is dying, I am hopeful and scared of who will replace him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons