random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Thursday, March 24, 2005

I feel so used

I love used book stores, I love going in with a slim chance of finding what I need and succeeding! I like to sometimes go in without a specific book in mind and wander until something calls me. I really enjoy finding well loved books, with underlined verses, notes in the margins and he BEST is when I find a book with a handwritten wish written in a book given as a gift. I feel so sneaky that I now have the book and the giver does not know that the receiver brought it into a used bookstore to be adopted. Sometimes I cheat, I like the notes in the margins because it gives me clues as to what to analyze, what the deep meaning is. I decided to buy Dante's "Inferno" and when deciding which of the 10 used copies to buy, I opened one and found an airplane boarding pass stub - is it weird that I find this cool? Paid 90 cents for 4 books.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons