random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Sunday, February 06, 2005

I have a staring problem

I am sitting in a bakery on a cloudy Sunday morning. Sitting at this computer has set me up to look at the people parking and walking in, and I just realized that I have a staring problem. It is especially because they cannot really see me watching them walk in here, somehow I seem to enjoy the extra seconds that this hidden spot buys me to watch and analyze their dress, their body language, the relationship that they are in with the person beside them.

I have the boyfriend at home sleeping, I slipped out to church and came here to finish a book: Inside the Kingdom by Carmen Bin Ladin. I would have never purchased or sought out this book but it was recommended by my dear friend Amy and she has proven to me over and over to be a good book-recommender. I got completely sucked in and read it quickly. I have a lot of thoughts on Saudi culture and have that typical struggle between falling for a completely ethnocentric view of outrage and an attempt to be open minded. My own personal limits for being ethnocentric is when freedoms is inhibited, then I allow myself to harshly critique a culture, though this does come with a dose of guilt.

Next subject ~ I am very cool~ and the proof is in the paint. I have had THREE paintings done of me, at the request of the artist. One belly painting and two butt paintings, clothes on of course, but the paintings are very feminine and womanly, they make me proud of my curves. I rarely feel cool, but when I was at the art show I felt COOL, maybe pleased, proud, confident and impressed are better words, but I am reserving the right to feel cool. These painting are for sale, a mere $1400.00, YIKES! All of his paintings radiate feminine beauty and I am proud to represent. I like to think that I was a muse, how COOL is that? He usually only paints two per woman (muse) but I inspired three, again . . . COOL. This has been added to my life list of cool things that have happened to me.

Karma - the title of this submission has come full circle, I had a strange feeling someone was watching me and I turned my head to see an old man with a pony tail STARING at me. Karma

Free Hit Counter

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons