random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Sunday, May 01, 2005

know

I hate know-it-alls. I am a recovering know-it-all....I would say in the last 5-7 years I have mellowed out and now often hold back from contradicting people or debating everything in the whole world. It used to be important to me to enlighten people, make them aware of things they were neglecting and forcing it on them. Now I care about being good company, and now I really get irritated by know-it-alls. I still think I know a lot...but I usually keep that to myself and open my ears to what other think and say....even if it is stupid. I still take the bait sometimes when a know-it-all is totally contradicting what I say in a condescending manner....I argue back. I did it this weekend - but caught myself and became quiet. Then I was concerned that he thought he changed my opinion or "won" the conversation, not really my problem I suppose.

He is still bugging me, I am still feeling anger over everything he said....I guess my self to-do list has one more thing to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons