random ramblings

sometimes useless nothings, sometimes brilliant thoughts

Saturday, May 27, 2006

anaconda

It is amazing what you can encounter while gardening; I take pride in my garden and am slowly trying to relandscape my front yard. I had two trees to plant today. I put on my grubbies and a goofy sunhat and got to work. School is out by the way, so the neighborhood kids were happily practicing skateboarding tricks on mini-ramps. Somewhere they found a small boombox and out it came. For a while the local teenager radio station was on, mildy interesting. I could feel that these 11 year olds' feeling of coolness just jumped a nitch or two. Then out come some really weird mix CD, must be from a parent...cuz it just took me back. First song I noticed was "It wasn't me" by shaggy...now were these boys even alive when this song was made? But each rep of "it was't me" they looked at the ground and shook their little heads and said that line. They felt the meaning deep in their hearts as over and over they would strut and shake their heads. I chuckled to myself and keep digging. It gets better....next song....Baby Got Back by Sir Mix Alot. They knew all of the words and felt those in their hearts too. I began to feel self conscious my bottom was bent over and in full view but I secretly wanted to go over and shake my butt at them like they do in the video just to freak them out (my butt is famous by the way, more on that later)...I simply continue to mulch. Then comes the anaconda line...remember its "My anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns hun"...They all sing this line and then one boy asks "what's an anaconda"....HAHAHAHA...too funny, this whole scene is so entertaining. They move through the CD, I hear Brown Eyed Girl, I get excited, they keep moving and finally for the grand finale: Cherry Pie by Warrent, my world zooms back to grade 8 at Canadian Martyrs. What a trip. I am desperatly curious as to how they got a hold of this music AND why they like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Gap Coupons